Saint John Don Bosco:

"Never read books you aren't sure about . . . even supposing that these bad books are very well written from a literary point of view. Let me ask you this: Would you drink something you knew was poisoned just because it was offered to you in a golden cup?"




To find more books by your favorite author, click on the author's name in the title...

Also, try searching by "historical fiction" if you're looking for novels at a certain time period...

Monday, May 14, 2012

Hiatus

Someone asked me if I'd be posting again....  I did have a hiatus due to surgery (doing well).... Am thinking of potential posts....thanks for inquiring...

5 comments:

Angela May 15, 2012 at 4:05 PM  

Hi,
Glad to hear you are doing well, and am looking forward to your blogging return!

~Angela

Nancy Piccione May 18, 2012 at 8:27 AM  

So glad you are doing well, and will pray for continued healing from surgery. I've missed your reviews, and check in regularly!

Nancy Piccione May 18, 2012 at 8:29 AM  

Also, have you read the Graceling trilogy? Read a good NYTimes review, but I would like a like-minded review before diving in, or letting kids do so.

Tween Lit Crit May 18, 2012 at 2:52 PM  

thanks for the prayers!

I have only skimmed the Graceling books, but several people have asked me, so I just put them on hold at the library...

MarieC June 11, 2012 at 4:08 AM  

So glad to hear you're doing well post-op...Praise God! I would love to see you continue posting. I've found this a great site for helping me find--and avoid--books for my children. I've sent friends the link to your site as well.

Post a Comment

regina was here

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008