Saint John Don Bosco:

"Never read books you aren't sure about . . . even supposing that these bad books are very well written from a literary point of view. Let me ask you this: Would you drink something you knew was poisoned just because it was offered to you in a golden cup?"




To find more books by your favorite author, click on the author's name in the title...

Also, try searching by "historical fiction" if you're looking for novels at a certain time period...

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Catholic Summer Reading

I know the pains of Purgatory come from being separated from the Beatific Vision. Being as I'm this side of Heaven, I'm having trouble grasping the depth of the Beatific Vision, but if I were to make an analogy from my point of view, it would be something like being separated from books, good friends, and good food.

I plan to spend my summer skirting the edges of Heaven: 2 friends so far have committed to our summer book club. We're in process of choosing a book to read with our tweens. Our book discussion in August will include food of some sort. Ice cream for the girls; and whatever favorite recipes I compile over the summer.

If you'd like your summer to reflect a bit of Heaven, here's the link to the Catholic Summer Reading Club. Read up. Eat up. Drink up. Enjoy your friends.

http://www.catholicsummerreading.com/

1 comments:

Jessica Gordon May 28, 2009 at 7:47 PM  

What a fun idea!!!! Thanks for sharing the link!

Post a Comment

regina was here

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008