Saint John Don Bosco:

"Never read books you aren't sure about . . . even supposing that these bad books are very well written from a literary point of view. Let me ask you this: Would you drink something you knew was poisoned just because it was offered to you in a golden cup?"




To find more books by your favorite author, click on the author's name in the title...

Also, try searching by "historical fiction" if you're looking for novels at a certain time period...

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Playing in Traffic by Gail Giles

This is the straw-that-broke-the-camel's-back book for me. I got this book off a recommended list from America's most prominent Middle School English teacher (whose books on teaching I like a lot). After reading this (and about 5 others off her list), I started this blog. So many of her recommended books were morally offensive. (I've surmised she's a fallen-away Catholic.)
She says parents rarely question the books she lets her students read.
Her parents must be:
A) too trusting
B) nutty
C) foolish
D) fooled
E) way-too-busy
F) moral relativists
G) some combination of the above

If I sat down to write the worst of trash-talk show theme titles, I think my top 4 would be covered in this book.

Maybe you parents (and only parents) should read it just so you won't think I'm Letter B.

Safety Rating: DaVinci Pile

1 comments:

Anonymous,  April 9, 2009 at 11:19 PM  

I totally agree w/ you on this one, I too was somewhat put-off by the whole thing. Really do appreciate the blog & keep it up! :)

Post a Comment

regina was here

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008